MEET YOUR LOAN OFFICER
Timothy Kevin Kelly- Sr. Loan Officer, NMLS ID #376030
Your Family. Your Future. Our Focus.
Tim Kelly lives and works in Northern Virginia. He proudly serves the DC Metro area (VA, MD, and DC). If you need a pre-approval or quote Tim is available anytime; 7 days a week Tim will respond quickly and with accurate information.
Tim Kelly was born in Syracuse, NY but did’t stay there long. Growing up in a military family had Tim living all over the world from Germany to Tennessee. Finally in 1992 Tim and his family planted roots in Burke, VA. Once Tim moved to the DC Metro area he never left. From elementary school to college he stayed close to home. In fact when Tim was in college he got a job at the Restaurant across the street from his parent’s house. Luckily for Tim this is where he would meet the woman who would become his wife. They’ve been together four fourteen year and married in 2010. They now live in Reston, VA with their six-year old shih Tzu Cooper. Tim and his wife are expecting their first child in December 2018.
Some interesting facts about Tim you may not know:
- After high-school Tim used to moonlight as a stand-up comedian. He still can’t believe someone paid him to tell jokes once and neither can we!… (Just kidding : )
- Tim played in the 2006 World Series of Poker’s Main Event. But he didn’t far well getting knock out on day-one.
- Tim ran the Marin Corps Marathon in 2015. Finishing with a torn tendon in his knee… ouch!
- Tim has never lived a day without a dog in his home and he doesn’t plan to end that streak anytime soon.
- Tim has held at least one first time home buyer class every month since 2013. Educating anyone willing to learn about the benefits and process of financing a home is his passion.
- Tim has been named one of the 40 under 40 mortgage professionals to watch. We’ve sure got our eyes on him!
- Tim has been among the Top 1% of Mortgage Originators in America since 2015.
Tim Kelly brings more than a decade of customer service experience, including thirteen years dedicated to the mortgage industry, to Highlands Residential Mortgage as a Senior Mortgage Consultant. Since 2005, Tim has helped hundreds of individuals and families achieve the dream of home ownership. He takes the time to understand his clients’ financial situation in order to recommend the best mortgage with the lowest interest rate available. Whether you’re a first-time home buyer, interested in refinancing your current home, or a seasoned investor, Tim can help you obtain a mortgage to fit your unique situation.
Loans that Tim and his team specialize in include:
- Conventional loans with as little as 3% down-payment
- FHA loans with as little as 3.5% down-payment
- USDA loans with as little as 0% down-payment
- VA loans with as little as 0% down-payment
- First time homebuyer mortgage programs
- Jumbo Loans with no mortgage insurance
- 5/1, 7/1, & 10/1 ARM’s on conforming and Jumbo loans
- Fannie Mae HomeReady & Freddie Mac Home Possible mortgages
- Down-payment assistance mortgage programs
- Cash-out refinance mortgages
- Debt consolidation loans
- Renovations loans
- Investment property loans
Many believe that buying a home is the cornerstone of which you can build your wealth in United States. Throughout the mortgage lending process, Tim and his team will provide you with tools to understand your local real estate market and guide you through this financial investment. These tools include giving you, the borrower, insight into historic and projected home appreciation, housing inventory, affordability, and demand, and ultimately how to leverage your home purchase into the cornerstone of your wealth.
Connect with Timothy